Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gordon Ramsay: Shark Bait

I have NEVER been a  fan of Mr. Ramsay.
I dislike his shows and don't approve of his explosive language.
He has been accused of infidelity .
Been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
In 2005, he served ham to an unknowing vegetarian. He has also told the BBC that he has lied to vegetarian diners to conceal the presence of chicken stock in his soup, which is unacceptable to the consumers.

That has lead me to give him a wide berth and take what he says with a grain of salt.
However recently I have stumbled onto a few videos of him attempting to make up for what he has done wrong.

I however have a newfound respect for him after his investigative work on Shark finning.
This documentary is informative and stunning and mainly shows the overproduction of shark fining while allowing the viewers a little taste of the graphic violent deaths of the sharks for their fins.

http://www.greenerideal.com/images/stories/2011/09Sep/24-gordon-ramsay-shark-fin-soup.jpg


Through research of this work he has done I found.
In January 2011, while in Costa Rica, Ramsay was doused in petrol and held at gunpoint as he tried to uncover the dark world of illegal shark fin trading for a new TV show.
Ramsay stated:
"They told me they’d shoot me. At one, I managed to shake off the people keeping us away, ran up some stairs to a rooftop and looked down to see thousands of fins, drying on rooftops for as far as the eye could see. When I got back downstairs, they tipped a barrel of petrol over me. Back at the wharf, there were people pointing rifles at us to stop us filming. A van pulled up and these seedy characters made us stand against a wall. The police came and advised us to leave the country"


This video I have displayed above has helped me get a better understanding of Gordon and I feel even though he has done some wrongs in the past and has very little justification for his serving of meat, lately he has been trying his best to research the food that he cooks and servers to his consumers.

On the Series The F Word , Gordon investigated the horrors of factory farming and since then has been quoted as :
"It's enough to make anyone turn fucking vegetarian, for God's sake. And I've always sort of knocked vegetarians and vegans for missing out on the most amazing flavour you can get from meat. But you can see why so many people change instantly."





No comments:

Post a Comment